The KOTRBATÝ family company continues long-term activities of the company founder in the field of heating and ventilation of large-area buildings and heat discharge stations.
In the 1950’s Miroslav Kotrbatý, MSc., a graduate of grammar school, heating engineering course and Technical University in Prague, started his cooperation with the Czechoslovak Academy of Sciences – Machinery research Institute – with Mr Jaromír Cihelka, ScD, MSc, at the development of heating for large-area buildings by means suspended radiant panels and infrared gas radiators. In the position of main expert pro heating and ventilation at the PROJEKTA State Institute Mr Kotrbatý developed the KMI and KMII type radiant panels and, together with Mr Cihelka, worked out the calculating and designing techniques of infrared gas radiators.
In 1988 Miroslav Kotrbatý had his own product „modular radiant panel with reflex surface for heating and drying“ patented. Production started at STROSS Sedlčany. The panel was manufactured under the KZ brand name (according to Mr Václav Zíb, MSc., the co-author of the manufacturing technology). In 1973, after the transfer to the Regional Project Institute in Prague, he started work at the development of building heat discharge stations and block pressure dependent stations. Both of the aforementioned fields of heating became the main work range of the KOTRBATÝ s.r.o. private company.
Private company genesis:
• 1 March 1990 – Miroslav Kotrbatý, MSc., founded a private projection company in Prague.
Scope of work: consultations, projection, development of products after the production plant foundation.
• 1991 – Engineering plant founded
Owner: Martin Kotrbatý, MSc. – Miroslav Kotrbatý’s son
Scope of work: deliveries of turnkey heating systems
• 1992 – TERMO s.r.o. company founded
Owner: Jitka Hojerová–Kotrbatá, MSc. – Miroslav Kotrbatý’s daughter
Scope of work: import of Armaflex insulations, Schwank radiators, MARK hot-air gas heating units, Baelz controls and ejectors.
• 1993 – KOTRBATÝ VMZ s.r.o. production-installation plant founded in Pelhřimov
Production area: garages of the former district company for housing maintenance.
Owners: Jitka Hojerová, MSc., Martin Kotrbatý, MSc., Miroslav Kotrbatý, MSc., Pavel Valenta.
Scope of work: production of black infrared gas radiators, upright steam-water heat exchangers (licence of Baelz), block heat discharge stations.
• 1993 – KOTRBATÝ s.r.o., an independent company was founded in Zvolen, working site Bratislava.
• 1998 – New production buildings was purchased in Pelhřimov. KZ radiant panel production terminated in Sedlčany. Kotrbatý s.r.o. Pelhřimov bought the production line and innovation of the radiant panel was carried out. Production in the new plant started.
• 2003 – Production of the MK type bright infrared gas radiators started. In parallel with the production of infrared radiators and radiant panels, controls were developed and they have been supplied since. Mosaic control of infrared systems both in line and wireless modifications makes it possible to reduce gas consumption considerably. In the field of radiant panels the combination with controlled ejectors has proved to be of utmost suitability. With this approach the company has reached the position of a comprehensive supplier of heating systems for large-area buildings and heat discharge stations. Manufacture of equipment for hot-air and infrared drying started.
Where do we deliver our products?
Thanks to the high quality of our products we can deliver both to the domestic market and to several European countries. During a relatively short period of the company’s activity radiant panels and infrared gas radiators, belonging among top quality products in the field, have been exported successfully into eight European countries. In 2004 the export volume already represented 45 % of production. Hungary, Austria, Slovakia, Switzerland, Ukraine, Armenia, Great Britain and Germany – those are countries where the KOTRBATÝ products can be found.
Acknowledgement of our work
During the short history of the KOTRBATÝ company the quality of their activities has proven not only in the customers’ satisfaction but also in acknowledgements which have been awarded by reputable bodies.
• 1993 – „EUROPE AWARD FOR QUALITY“, a prestigious award won
• 1994 – „Kotrbatý-Baelz Upright steam-water heat exchanger, type 111“ was awarded citation at 21st PRAGOTERM International expert exhibition of heating and air-conditioning, Bratislava, 1994
• 1999 – the KZ suspended radiant panel was awarded citation at the 9th RACIOENERGIA 99 exhibition
• 2003 - ISO 9001/2000 Certificate awarded by: “BUREAU VERITAS QUALITY INTERNATIONAL“
• 2004 – Miroslav Kotrbatý, MSc, was awarded the „Annual Heating Engineering Award“ by the Heating Engineers’ and Fitters’ Guild for his long-term activity in the field of heating.